Your fundraising efforts through Great Cycle Challenge will support research to develop treatments and find a cure for childhood cancer.
How to fundraise
Ask your friends to sponsor your challenge throughout October to fight kids' cancer!
Your friends, family and colleagues can make a donation through your fundraising page to support your efforts, and they'll receive a tax-deductible receipt immediately.
If you login to your dashboard, there are pre-written email templates, posters, social media downloads and more resources to help you spread the word about your challenge and ask for support.
Follow these steps to fundraise through your challenge:
Step 1: Set a Fundraising Target
Set yourself a personal fundraising target. Your friends are more likely to sponsor you if they know you have a personal target to reach...and they'll help you achieve it.
The higher your target, the more support you'll receive from your friends, family and colleagues.
- Raise $500, and you'll receive a 2017 Great Cycle Challenge jersey.
- Raise $1,000, and you'll become a member of our peloton club.
- Raise $2,500, and you'll receive an exclusive GCC Hero jersey.
Step 2. Personalise Your Fundraising Page
Personalise your fundraising page and make it your own!
Make it heartfelt or humorous, serious or silly, just make it your own. Tell your story, upload your photo and keep your friends updated throughout your challenge by sharing your training rides, fundraising progress and pics from your cycling adventures.
Tip: The most important thing is to upload a profile pic to your page. On average, fundraising pages with a profile pic raise 5 x times more than those without one.
Login now to personalise your fundraising page.
Step 3: Send an Email
Email is the best way to ask your friends for support as you know they'll see it, and read it.
Send an email to your friends, family and colleagues and tell them about your personal challenge throughout October. Not sure what to write? Click here to view our email templates.
Tip: When sending an email, include everyone. Because if someone does not want to sponsor you, they won't. But they'll never get the chance if you never ask. :)
Step 4: Connect Your Facebook Account
Connect your Facebook account with your fundraising page to post automatic updates on Facebook.
How do I activate this feature? Simply login and go to Facebook Connect and this feature will automatically post updates on Facebook throughout your challenge. You can select which notifications should be posted as you have complete control. Examples posts of our Facebook Connect feature include:
- When a friend sponsors you, it will post a message to Facebook to personally thank the donor.
- When you complete a ride (in October), it will post a Facebook update of the ride and how many kilometres you have left to reach your ride target.
- When you reach a fundraising milestone (e.g. raise $500), it will post an update to thank your donors and celebrate the achievement.
This feature will save you time and make life easier for you, as it will automatically keep your sponsors updated on your progress throughout the month.
Tip: On average, riders who connect their Facebook account and use this feature raise 40% more than those who don't. It's a very effective way to help you reach your goals.
Step 5: Post Facebook Updates
Facebook and Instagram are a great way to share your challenge and ask your friends for their support.
Here are some useful ways to use social media:
- Personalise your profile pic: Check out our range of profile pics and upload one to your social media profile to spread the word about your challenge. You can use our profile pics or create your very own custom pic using your own photo.
- Post regular updates: Post weekly updates through your Facebook and / or Instagram page to share your progress throughout the challenge. Don't forget to tag your posts with #GCCOz.
Keep your sponsors updated throughout the month and use social media to communicate your progress, celebrate your milestones and kick cancer's butt!
Step 6: Posters and Resources
We have a range of posters and resources for you to use to spread the word about your challenge to fight kids' cancer, including a 'sponsor me' poster and a 'ride calendar' that you can use to track your progress throughout the month.
To view our posters, click here.